Nomination Criteria and Process
Each member may nominate one local charity for consideration at any given time. The process is as follows:
- Youth member selects a charity (not for profit/charitable organization) they would like to put forward for consideration.
- Youth member fills out the Charity Nomination Form below.
- Charity is vetted against eligibility criteria and approved below:
- Local charities under consideration must be located in and directly serve the communities of Aurora, Newmarket or East Gwillimbury, be in existence for at least one year, and be a registered not for profit organization
- Charities must also agree to keep member information confidential.
- Once a charity is approved their nomination ballot is put in the draw hat.
- At the 100 YOUTH Who Care - CYR meeting, 2 charities will be drawn from the hat.
- The 2 nominating members will make a simple (3-5 minute) presentation in favour of their charity at the meeting.
- YOUTH members vote.
- The successful charity is notified and within 2 weeks of the meeting, receives a cheque for the donated amount.
- Once a charity receives the members vote to be the charity of choice nominating members are then able to nominate a different charity for subsequent meetings.
Information and Guidelines for Presentation
Please provide the following information in the presentation you provide to the 100 YOUTH members.
- Charity mission
- Ages of youth served
- How the donation will be used
- The impact of the donation on youth
- Programs/services provided
- Communities served
- Any other information you feel inspired to share (e.g. testimonials)